Saturday, October 03, 2009

VS Alumni Association

I went to Kyoto again last month to join my university's almuni association. It was held for my university teacher's 50th anniversary and the celebration for the teacher's getting an award for his book recently published. He wrote the book about Adam Smith.

Many students gathered to a hotel in Kyoto, and waited the teacher's family. The party was originally planned as a surprising party, so prepared with only his family. But, it is diificult to keep secret. A student called our teacher before the party, and said "Hey teacher, I am busy the day. Can you change the date of your party?" Of course, everybody got angry.
But the party itself was great. Our teacher's speech reminded us of our university days. He was still energetic. I think it encouraged us to be challenging.

For me, to meet an old teacher or friends is Merkmal for my life. I can realise people's change and unchange, and I can realise my change and unchange. My change is going toward a right direction? My unchange is keeping a good principle? Everytime I meet old friends, I can ask me such questions.

After the party we went to Kawaramachi street for the second stage. The street is one of the main streets near Kamo river in Kyoto. I drunk many times there in my days in Kyoto. I remembered my memory of Kyoto very much. I don't think about the past so often, but drinking in a hometown is so nice.

No comments: