Saturday, June 04, 2005

VS Pollution

Rainy season is coming soon in Japan?
I have stopped watching TV and reading a newspaper. Then I don't have an exact information about wether.
I feel the increasing of the percentage of water in the air recently.
After the rainy season, humid summer is waiting for us.

I am worrying about the pollution in China. I experienced bad air in Shanghai.
Chinese people don't prepare for tha bad by-product caused by rapid economic growth well.
I think they are following the same way Japan walked on.
Japan was a rapid developing country too.
Japan had the four big terrible diseases by pollution after the war.
The most famous was Minamata disease. This disease was caused by polluted water from one company's factory.
Recently the document about this disease was published.

I have met the author before. He is an old lawer.
He met the patient of the disease 30 years ago. He was a justice man. He got angry very much.
And he decided to protect the patients and started the court battle against the company soon.
The company hired their side's lawers and scientists.
They tryed to deny their responsibility.
They said "This disease may be related to other factors." "The relationship between the disease and the company is unclear from the viewpoint of science."etc.

But the justice lawer was a strong will man. He destroyed all protections one by one
It took 30 years to solve all prblems about this disease. It is too long! But anyway, he won at last.
Unfoutunately he was sometimes too aggressive. Then he fought againt not only the company group but also the patients' group and other lawers.
He disliked a compromise. But some patients prefered it.
At the final stage of the court battle, he quited his job. Maybe he could fight more ,but most patients got old then they wanted to be free from long fighting days.

Now I am trying to sell the document about Minamata.
It is a very big collection. Then it's VERY expensive. We can buy a car by same money.
As you can image, this is a very difficult job. Car is more useful for most people than Book.
Akira the Aeon student is thinking about buying a new car. Because his car is old and almost broken.
Today I persuaded him not to buy a car. "Your car is still alive! It can do it!" He is rethinking.
If he will cancel to buy it, he can be my custmer. Tonight I will try to persuade him again.

2 comments:

Mike said...

hi akio!
why do you stop to read newspaper and watch TV? are you afraid that aliens brainwash people through TV and newspapers? it is possible for this to happen. please take care about the aliens. Minamata sounds like a justice man. i wish i could meet him. maybe you can sell me the documents, but please translate into english.

AKIO KOBAYASHI said...

Hey Mike, I am not afraid of the aliens. The aliens are too weak for me. I only lost the interest in such weak enemies!