Monday, July 04, 2005

VS Sepak Takrow

At last, I watched Sepak Takrow.
Beautiful! It's a beautiful sport.
Sepak Takrow is a foot volleyball. Maybe many Japanese know there is such a sport in the world. But almost all Japanese doesn't know there is a Sepak Takrow player in Japan.

By Akira's invitation, I and my friends went to All Japan Sepak Takrow Open Tournament.
Even though this tournament decided No.1 team in Japan, the play court was very tiny.
There were little spectators and no media.
I thougt this was a real minor sport.

This was my first watching of the sport. Then I can't judge the player's level. But I was very excited. As I wrote above, my first impression was that Sepak Takrow was beautiful.
Treating a ball by foot is magical, I think.
They controlled a ball an kicked it naturally. It looked easy. But the ball size is smaller than volleyball and a little bigger than softball. It must be difficult to controll by foot.

I don't know why this exciting sport is so minor in Japan.
Akira explained to me that the PR was very bad.
Actually we can't get any information about the tournament on internet.
I think this sport can be more popular in Japan. It doesn't need a big court and many equipments. Then it's easy to start to play. I will and must play it soon!

2 comments:

Mike said...

last weekend i went drinking with my friends, we went to a bar/club like blackstone. there i learned greatest kicking technique. i call it the 36 inch kick! its better than one inch punch because you use your leg then you have more power. please try to imagine such a technique, akio. it will improve your game skill

AKIO KOBAYASHI said...

36 inch kick! Who has such a big foot? Amazing.
It is not a technique. It is just a power. If I can do it, I don't need any tequnique.

By the way, check this blog.
This blog is a good challange.

http://blogs.yahoo.co.jp/sssjp067/6169297.html