Thursday, August 04, 2005

VS Sendai

Sendai city is in Miyagi prefecture in the north-east part of Japan.
I went there last weekend ,to escape from hot summer and see my friend.
It takes two hours from Tokyo to Sendai by Shinkansen. It is not long.

I enjoyed a variety of foods. The sea near Sendai is a spot where warm water and cold water meet. So, there are much plankton there ,and in order to eat them, a variety of fish get together there.

I ate a shark fin sushi. It is very rare and the taste is original.
And I ate a whale sushi. The taste is controversial. I like it.
In addition, I enjoyed a beef tangue food, which is famous in Sendai.
All foods are great. I was very excited.

Sendai has many types of Sake.
Sake is made of rice. And rice farming is popular in Sendai. So, Sake is also popular there.
I tried to find a very very very rare Sake, Jyuyondai, which means "14th generation". I have drunk it once before. The taste is very soft. So, I wanted to meet it again, but I couldn't unfortunately. It is too rare to buy. If you meet Jyuyondai by chance, don't miss it. You must drink it. The chance might be the last chance.

My main purpose of this trip was to see my friend. But I had another aim.
I lived in Sendai 25 years ago. I had lived there for a year only. I was a kid.
I lost almost all memory about the days in Sendai.
Another purpose of this trip was to remember my ola days.

When I arrived at the town I lived in, I couldn't have any special feeling.
Maybe because everything has changed. Thus I couldn't find my old house there.
However I have memorized my kindergarden name. So I went there.
The kindergarden has not changed.
I rememberd many things. My kindergarden is inside a temple. The playground is surrounded by many tombs. It's cool in every meaning.
I was a canary bird class student.
When I checked classrooms, the class still existed.
The picture of a canary bird was showed on the wall. Maybe present students drew it.

I can't express my feeling then. 25 years has passed. It may be long ,but may be short. Mmm, I don't know.
I might have seen something like my roots in this trip.

No comments: