Friday, April 28, 2006

VS America

Tha last topic in my discussion class was for the power of America and the possibility of alternative of another power in the world. It was a hard topic for just one hour discussion, but , I think, a good theme. This kind of discussion is becomig popular even in Japan.
Now, Japanese government's policy to America is very clear. They support America almost totally. The relationship between Japan and America looks strongest in history. Japan is the best follower of America now.
Indeed, America is the country we should follow. She is very strong and leading in the world. But, on the other hand, there are many countries which don't want to follow America for its too much strength. Iran and North Korea are such one. They are clearly the enemy of America.

Even in Japan, all people don't support America.
Actually I am an anti-America. (Notice! Not American.)
It doesn't mean I dislike America. I am just afraid of the monopoly of the power in the world. Like Microsoft, we have to weaken the too much strong power of America, for the progress of this world.

In my discussion class, most people supported the leadreship of America. It was a taugh work for me to crticize other's opinion. I know America is the only one leader of this world. But I am not sure whether America is the best as a leader or not. Even America could make a wrong decision and, I think, did it many times. Of course, whether the decision is wrong or right depends on each person's opinion. The decision some people prefer can be bad for others.
So, all I can say is this. In order to hedge the possibility of wrong decision and the risk, we should divide power into many countries.

"Empire" is now a popular keyward among intellectuals. Recently I sell a lot of books which have the old ward in the title. The meaning of the ward doesn't equal to America, but very close now. Although I don't know that the ward "Empire" is useful to analyze this world, we would need any catchy wards to think about a big issue. I think that American people will be surprised if the country they live in is typical Empire. Why do the people living in "Empire" have to work hard everyday?
The gap between a macro image (country) and a micro reality (people's life) is big ,and interesting.

No comments: