Friday, April 14, 2006

VS A Cold

In spring, in Japan. My body has a difficulty of adjusting to the change of air temparature. Actually it changes very much in this season. A day is warm. Another day is cold. Daytime and nighttime is very different. That's why I caught a cold this week.
I know warming up my body is the best solution against a cold. I had a dayoff one day in this week, and went to a hot spring. I was warmed up in a large bath, sweated in a sauna and relaxed with a hot shower. It was so fantastic.
After the hot spring, a little bit of cooling dawn was needed. So, I ate a few piece of sushi, and drunk cold beer. Cold beer after hot spring. Cold after hot. This contrast is utterly beautiful. I knew it was not good at the time for my body with a cold. However, I couldn't lose the perfect timing for meeting real beauty.
Although my body condition became warmed and better once by the hot spring, the benefit would have been lost by the beer cooling dawn action. But I can say the action itself was the warming up for next action. I went to my favorite Hawaiian bar soon after the hot spring.
I ordered syochu with hot water there. In this stage, I couldn't order cold drinks. Warming up my body was the only one concept then. So, for foods, raw fish was not a choice. I ordered only hot foods like a baked beef. Hot beef gave me a energy very much.
I checked new menu in the bar, after a few cups of hot syochu. I found out the bar's original hamburger, which was one of new menu. In western countries, it is usual to eat a hamburger in a bar or a restaurant. But, in Japan, it is rare. In a hamburger shop, we can drink coffee, coke or something soft to drink here. So, I had requested for the bar master to give us a hamburger in the bar, for a long time. And, at last, he made his original hamburger.
Of courese, I ordered it soon. But, after the order, I realised I had a problem then. Japanese sake was not fitted to a humburger at all. I had to order another type of alchool.
When I have an big humburger on my left hand, what is good on my right hand?
Wine? No, it's too formal.
Whisky? Mmm, no. It's a mismatch.
Gin? No. The color is not interesting.
The best drink next to a humburger must be beer. I knew it from the first time. But, I had a cold at the time. So, I thought I had a problem then. Beer and Humburger. B and H. The yellow colored liquid with bubble and the colorful food tower.
Actually the food tower was very nice. The bread was a maffin. It was my favorite. And, there was inside a half-boiled egg, a thick sliced tomato and a hamburg baked with sauce. It was the best combination.
Facing the great meal, I ordered cold beer natually. "To hell with your health." I heard of the voice for God.

No comments: