Wednesday, April 05, 2006

VS Text Book

In Japan, April is the biggining of a new year also for school. This month is busy for book salesmen, because we have to sell a lot of textbooks to students.
Have you ever carried a large number of books? It's an awful work. Book is very heavy. Although I like a beautiful book with photo, such a book is much heavier. In this season, I can easily hate a colorful book.

Carring is one part of this job. Next, we have to sell the textbooks. Students usually buy them between classes. After one class finishes, the wave of students come to the place for selling textbooks. We have to correspond to the wave within a limited time. It's like a war. It's too busy. I sometimes miscount money students pay. "Sorry, how much did you pay now?" Most students tell it honestly. I am lucky.

I am selling textbooks to an international school in Yokohama.
The deal between me and this school has started since last spring. International school use unque textbooks in Japan. I can watch a lot of interesting books. That's why I like to sell books for this school.
At the end of this month, the international school will have a big festival, International Food Fair 2006. I joined it last year. It was so great. I could enjoyed many country's food and reported it in this blog. Of course, I can't miss this year's.

3 comments:

Lance said...

You have been writing a lot! The hook must be tired from all the typing.

AKIO KOBAYASHI said...

This blog seems to be the longest diary I have ever written. But, it is not right. The purpose of this blog must be public. The purpose is to make a hook hand more popular.

By the way, the food festival is very interesting. An izakaya boy working for a law company in NY knows it very well. He went there last year. If you wanna come, let's go together.

Lance said...

I've heard stories about this food festival. I hope to become part of it's legend this year.

Also, I've finally updated my blog.