Sunday, June 17, 2007

VS Human Death

Although I had many happy things recently in my daily life, I write down an unhappy thing here. Because it was the most impressive thing for me last week.

A man I know a little committed suicide in his company midnight. Before his death, he emailed his colleagues to apologize to them, because his sudden death would make them shocked.
One of his colleagues reported soon the email to his boss. The boss went to the company soon midnight with the man's family, to search for him.
The man was found by the boss in a warehouse at 3:30 am. He hanged himself in the cold place.
Soon after that, the police came to the place, and checked the hanged body for a while. To check it carefully, anyone couldn't move it. So, the body had to be hanged for a while even after it was found out.
While the police was checking it, the dead man's family stayed in a room far from the warehouse. Because it must be very shocking for the family to watch the man hanged. But, the boss who found the body was beside the police to check it together.

I heard that the dead man had a mental illness. It might be the reason why he commited suicide, but nobody know the real reason of his death. Some said that his bad working position killed him, and his suicide in his working place meaned his protest.(Actually his working position was bad. He had nothing to do in his company.) Some said the only one place left for him was his company, so he chose it as his death place.(He seemed to have no friend.) The rumors or interpretions changed, depending on the talkers.

I had the chance to talk with the boss for my business a few days after the incident. I thought he had heavy shock in his mind, before meeting him. But, he told me that he was not shocked even though the incident was a very sad thing.
He said to me, "A person will die someday. So, we have to think about human's death anytime. It must be sad for a person to commit suicide, but it is his/her choice. Before the suicide, he/she must think about it seriously. So, the only thing we can do is to respect and accept his/her decision. Don't you think so?"

When facing a human death, we tend to ask why? But the boss didn't care for it. He thinks the asking is meaningless. For me, his thinking was very impressive.
Afetr talking about his death for a while, we started to talk about our business soon.
Some might think the boss's thinking is cold. But I didn't. He told me that, when he found the body, he wouldn't scared with it. Watching the dead man's face, he thought the man looked relieved from something.
His impression might be too beautiful, without thinking about the dead man's mental crisis. But it's not my point to agree and disagree with him. The most impressive thing for me was that he always prepares for human death including his own death. Because I think I wouldn't die, his viewpoint of death and live was unique for me.

No comments: