Sunday, November 02, 2008

VS LOUIS VUITTON

LOUIS VUITTON City Guide Tokyo was published yesterday. Since 1998, LV has published many countries' guide books. And, at last, Tokyo's version was published for the first time. It reminds me of the first appearence of Michelin Guide Tokyo last year. It must be ture that LV Tokyo is one of the big news in Japanese publishing world this yaar. I don't know why, but my company Kinokuniya is the only one book store to sell the book in Japan.

When I drunk in Soiree, a samll bar with just ten seats, in Shinjyuku, Tokyo, last week, a TV director had negotiated the staff to interview the owner of the bar. From him, I knew that the bar is on the guide book. Nobody, including me and even the staff, thought the bar deserves LV's introduction. So, we were surprised.
The staff refused the TV man's offer, because she didn't know LV is publishing a guide book. But, thanks to the exsitence of a professional book salesman in the bar then, she called the bar owner to come there soon. (The day was his day-off.)
After his coming, the interview started, and TV crews took shooting the bar inside. Of course, I was inside too. Because I was a customer.
The bar owner doesn't know why the bar was choosen by LV. So, he was a little confused. In addition, the guide book writes the bar owner is a woman! From the viewpoint of French, he might look female.

It was unfortune that I couldn't check whether I was on TV or not, because I don't have a television.
Moreover, unfortunately my company is not on the guide book even though other book stores are introduced as nice shops to visit! I don't know why LV choose Kinokuniya as the distributor. LV's selection is certainly unique.
I add that the description in the book is also unique and interesting. We can understand the history of Tokyo well.

No comments: