Sunday, February 05, 2006

VS British Bar

I went to a british style bar in Machida.
The name is Trafalgar. It is located on a basement on a narrow street.
I heard from the owner that the bar was open two yaers ago, but I didn't know it though I went to Machida everyday to go to my office.
The place was a Cajun food restaurant before. The restaurant was managed by an American owner and the food was so great, but it was closed a few years ago. So, I didn't go to the area where the British bar is located.

The bar offers us real ale. I enjoyed some beer which I've never tasted. One beer was very fruity. Another was very heavy. I saw that the Guiness in the bar was poured by a hand pomp. I heard that it is the authentic way to pour Guiness beer. It makes good creamy bubbles. But, most bar use a microwave to make bubbles.

I like good foods, so I don't eat typical bar food so much, for example Fish and Chips. But, I know TPO (Time, Place, Oppotunity) is important. In this kind of an authentic bar, we have the duty to eat authentic bar foods. So, of course I ordered oily Fish and Chips. Although water and oil can't mix together, beer and oil become a great mixture. It is amazing.

This bar gives us not only british beer but also Japanese local beer. Next time, I will try a beer made in Ngaano. The name is Yona Yona Ale. The meaning could be "the beer for every night". Sounds attractive.

2 comments:

Mike said...

hi akio,

that bar sounds like a fun place. i have tried fish and chips many times but never the authentic kind of england. if i go to london i will try it. how are things? no long no see. do you talk to jeff?

AKIO KOBAYASHI said...

Hey Mike, how are you? Long time no update of your blog! Are you busy?
I am busy too. Today is Sunday. But, I am in my office, and writing this comment. Non-great.

Atsugi is very peaceful now. Maybe too peaceful. So, when I want any excitement, I sometimes go to another city. The british bar in Machida is a nice place.

Jeff is enjoying his life in Nagano. Sometimes we talk by email. I want to go to Nagano, but this winter is very cold, so the timing is bad to go there now, because Nagano is a cold area surrounded by mountains. For Jeff, it's ok, I think. He is a nature man. But, I am a city man, so I can't afford coldness!