Sunday, February 26, 2006

VS Livedoor

I am reading articles about Livedoor on a newspaper everyday. I can learn many things from the news about this IT company's illegal deals in a stock market and untrue accounting. I've never thought that the company's young president is a hero, but I was interested in him because his age was same as me. He has a same generation backgorud with me. That's why his opinion was easy to understand for me. For example, "Creativity is meaningless to earn money. Just follow the successor.", "We should know more about our own value in a market.", and the most famous phrase; there is nothing we can't buy with money.
He corrected his saying later a little, but he seemed to value the power of money more than humanity. Such an opinion is extreme. But he was a millionare. So, I think his style of thinking had a large infuluence on Japanese, especially young people.

I heard that Livedoor's value of stock is 10% now compared with the peak-value. After the president was arrested for his breaking a law. The price of the company's stock decreased rapidly. So, many people lost their money.
Not only individuals but also companies are getting damage by the decreasing. Fuji television Co.Ltd was tried to take over by Livedoor last year. This TV company decided to take an alliance with Livedoor after the battle in a stock market and a court. Now, we know the alliance was a bad choice. Fuji will lose more than ten billion yen. I am not sorry for their bad lack. If they were proud of their job, they didn't have to worry about Livedoor's challange. But, they couldn't have a confidence in their business. So, they escaped from the long fight against the young IT millionare.

The stock of Livedoor is going out of the market soon. It almost means we can't buy and sell the company's stock anywhere. That's why the value of the stock is zero for most people.
At this point, I realised that I can take over Livedoor!
Now the stock's value is zero.
If I say "I can buy your stock by 1 yen.", most people will sell it to me.
And, if I can buy 50% of all Livedoor stocks, my taking over is successful!
I thought this idea is great. And soon, I checked how many stocks of the company there are.

Gash! A billion of stocks!
To take over the company, I need half a billion yen. (= US$ 8.6 million, RNB 69 million, EUR 5 million) Can I save such a big money in my life?

I gave up this plan.
I heard that some Funds have already been thinking about this kind of attempt. Ok. Please buy it if you want. Window shopping is enough for me.

No comments: