Thursday, February 16, 2006

VS Don

Busy days. Non-stop busy days are continuing from the beginning of this year.
Although I can enjoy the situation, I could lose energy recently.
So, I became to want to eat beef suddenly.
Beef and Beer. The double B can make me powerful. I went to a Yakiniku restaurant, DON, which offers us great beef.

Now, Japanese can't eat American beef because of BSE problem. The importing of American beef is inhibitted.
Don gives us one of Japanese beefs, Hida beef. Hida is an area name, which is a mountain area in Japan. So, the cows living in the area must have not only a strong muscle but also great oil in it to protect their body from the coldness. So, the taste is great! It's very juicy.
When I worked in Ebina city before, I sometimes went to the restaurant with my co-workers.
But, now I am working in another city. Five years had passed since I went there last time.

An old woman who was an owner of the restaurant was working there before.
And, when I went there recently, she was still working there.
I didn't think she remembered me, but she actually remembered me. She said soon, "Long time no see! How are you? You looks more matured than before. Do you married?" Machine-gun asking. But it's ok. And, she talked a little about the last conversation between us. It was five years ago! Amazing. When I talked with her, I was surprised at her memory.

When I was eating the good beef there, I was a little nostalgic.
I have eaten Yakiniku many times. I can eat Yakiniku anywhere, anytime. But, the taste at the night was memorial. Maybe, our purpose of eating and drinking is to make a memory.

No comments: