Wednesday, August 30, 2006

VS Monkey Park

Still hot and humid in Japan. To wipe away our sweat on the face, blue handkerchiefs are needed still. But, we are also feeling a slight change of summer. It looks to prepare for leaving. The festival season is certainly gradually finishing.

I used a few holidays to go to Kyoto, my home town and the most classical city in Japan. I don't always have anything special when visiting my home town, but I go there a few times a year. What I do there is only to see my family, friends and a dog. For I'm not a traveller in Kyoto, I don't have to go to many sight-seeing spots. I can just be relaxed there.

However, as we know, when coming back from a trip, our friends usually ask us a lot about the trip; where did you visit?, what's happened in the trip?, how about the food? etc.
They must have many questions.
But, my answer can be "I visited my parent's house, watched TV with them and ate the dishes my mother cooked." That must make my friends disappointed easily.

That's why, though I didn't have to and want to, I went to a sight-seeing area with my friend. The aim was to make a special episode in this travel.
I went to Arashiyama area.

The area is located in the north-west in Kyoto city. It's famous for beautiful forests and rivers. In fall, the forests bocome yellow, orange and red beautifully. Many people visit there to see the beautiful nature in the season.

Even in summer now, certainly the nature in Arashiyama was beautiful. The air was cool, and the sound of rivers were comfortable. They were nice.
But...., to be honest, I prefer Human to Nature. So, I wanted more attractive events there.
Looking at a travel map for a short time, I found out a good event spot. There are a monkey park there.
Monkey. It's a human...in the future. So, it looked fitted to my preference.

In front of the park, we can see a notice soon.
"Don't look at monkey's eyes. If you do it, they think you are hostile to them, and will attack you."
Ok. I tried not to look at them in the park.

A few problems happend.
First. A lot of monkeys lives there. So, it was very difficult to avoid looking at them.
Second. The monkeys were often looking at me, maybe because they think I have something to eat.
Third. Only when looking at the sky, I could escape from the risk of looking at monkey's eyes. But, it was very boring. "Why am I here now?"

In the park, I tried to only "glance at" them, not look. And, I sometimes whistled to show my peaceful personality to them. I think(or I hope) they could understand my message.
But, maybe, their interest was only whether we have foods or not. So, they didn't seem to have any interest in me, because I didn't have any foods.
At the end of my walking in the park, no monkey looked at me. (They looked at only the people with some foods.) It might be good for me because I could easily avoid looking at their eyes.
However, I want to say, they were impolite.
They should study social manners a little more if they want to be a human someday.
I was a guest in the park, and they are staffs or something there. So, they sould show their politeness to a guest a little more. They shouldn't ignore the guest. They were disappointing.

Conclusion: Monkey has't been Human yet.

No comments: