Tuesday, August 01, 2006

VS Kids Engish

When we can explain something to others, we can say "I understand it."

That's why I am trying the course of English teaching for kids.
I took a group lesson recently. It was very fun.
I could learn from a professional teacher how to teach English for kids. Her method was very logical, rational and very professonal. She is investigating kids' mind and has a great technique to catch their interest. I watched her demonstration lesson. During watching, I became a kid. I thought she was a magician.

Teaching not only English but also everything to kids is a difficult thing.
They don't share almost any knowledge with us. So, we can't use almost any resource to explain something.
When we teach English to kids, we sometimes use Japanese to explain. But, kids are not even good Japanese speakers. Thus, our explanation in Japanese can not be enough for them.
Therefore, we have to use gestures, body languages, games, songs, and so on.

If I quit my job, book-selling, it might be good to be an English teacher for kids.
In Japan, learning English is just a leraning.
But, I think learnig English or any other languages is to brush up our communication skill. We should understand and try a different communication style from Japanese.

To brush up my communication level, I will go to Australia today.
I am excited now.

No comments: