Wednesday, August 16, 2006

VS Sydney(3)

My traveling policy is to forget my home culture and to focus on the local one. For example; for foods, I think I should eat the local food only.
However, in this trip, I ate a lot of Japanese foods in Sydney. One of the reasons was because my friend Peter loves Japanese food. Another reason was that I was interested in Japanese foods foreigner cooked. How do they interpret Japanese foods?

We went to a Japanese restaurant, KATSURA, which is located in Neutral Bay in Sydney, where many Japanese lives. The restaurant has two divisions; one serves Sushi and Sake, and another serves Yakiniku.
The chef was Korean. For me at first, it was strange that Korean cooked Japanese food. But, he was a good chef. I heard from him that he had studied Japanese dishes for ten years in Japan. In Australia, the materials for Japanese disies are limited, but I could enjoy his work very much.

Another Japanese restaurant, TOTOYA, was also great. It is also located in Neutral Bay.
It is completely same as Japanese typical Izakaya. I could enjoy Yakitori, Tofu, Karaage, Edamame, etc.
I don't know why, but all customer there except for us was Chinese people.

I could go to even Karaoke Box in Sydney, after drinking.
Second stage is generally needed in Japan. Sydney can give it us. For Japanese, no incovenient factor is there. We enjoyed singing a lot of Japanese songs there.

I couldn't have the chance to go to the most famous Japanese (or Japanese-French) restaurant, Tetsuya's. I heard that the restaurant is No.4 in a restaurant competition in the world. We have to book the seat before six months!
I shouldn't miss the restaurant when I visit Sydney next time.

Looking back to my trip to Australia, I have a lot of things I can write here. But, I stop it now.
The last thing I should write is that Syaney is a beautiful city. The wind from the sea was very comfortable. Many historical architectures were beautiful.
I wanna visit there again in Summer time. It may be soon.

7 comments:

Lance said...

Just because no one is leaving comments, doesn't mean no one is reading.

AKIO KOBAYASHI said...

I know. I know. I sometimes check the number of my profile view, which is certainly always increasing. It implys somebody is reading my article.

AKIO KOBAYASHI said...

Gash. My ally and enemy came out in this site, at the same time.
I am so gentle that I will respond to a lady first.

Hi, Makiko. Good to see you in this site.
I've already wrote a lot of articles in this blog, so it must be a taugh work to read old articles.
Especially the articles at the beginning was, I think, bad for English.
That's why you don't have to read them. Now, you can know my up-date automaticaly by Mixi, a social
networking service. Please sometimes check my English expression from the viewpoint of a proffesional teacher.

Hey, Pat. Welcome back to this community.
Because I am not sure whether you are given permanently the accessability to here by Chinese government, it seems to be better for me to avoid criticizing them.
Going to Korea sounds good. Enjoy their Shochu and Yakiniku!
Now, you have already changed your "fooding" style from mono-eating (Just Niku only, Niku only, Niku, Niku, endless Niku...) to multi-having (Fmm, nice drink. Oh, great Niku. I love it. Alcohol again. Niku again. Uuu, delicious. And, Cigarette!).
Enjoy your trip, and say congratulations to Sunny for me.

Mike said...

hello people! i love to read your blog Akio. I am very bored at work very often, and you blog is both entertaining and stimulating. Australia sounds great. what is mixi? can i join? i love the internet, there are many ways to connect with people! wahooo! Hey akio why don't you have a myspace account. it's very fun. lance has one and i have one. maki why don't you have one? hey pat! get with the program stan!

AKIO KOBAYASHI said...

Hey hey, Mike. How are you?
I can understand your tiredness at work. Certainly, Law is criminally boring! You should make Anti Bore Act.

Myspace account. Ok, I will try to make it. I checked the site a little. It looks useful for me. Thanks for the good information.

Mike said...

yes myspace is good. many people have interesting pictures of themselves. and there are many interesting people and intellectual article to read. i think you can learn a lot abotu any subject; philosophy, geometry, anatomy.

Lance said...

Good times had by all this weekend!!

Thanks for Saturday plan.