Tuesday, November 21, 2006

VS Mental Illness

Now I am reading a science book, "Warped Passages" written by Lisa Randall, a physicist studying extra dimensions. In this book, we can know the possibility of the existence of another world. We can recognize only this three-dimension world, but she says we can expect that there are other dimensions we can't see if we think of this world more logically. It means there is another world.

Without any scientifical background, I can believe in the idea. Because I myself live in another world everyday.
In the world, I am a super hero, a successful man, very intellectual, strong and rich. I am very confident there.
This another world seems to have the connection with our real world. Sometimes, I in the another world infulence on me in this real world. So, I can be sometimes confident here, even though I am an ordinary man.

The another world the book treat is the challenging topic of pure science. My another world is, maybe, my goal or ideal.
They are very positive.
However, the another world one of my friends will live in is different from them at all.
Now, the person X is going to another world. It looks to give bad influence on X.
I realised X is getting mental illness.

X can read my blog, but I write this article.
One day, suddenly, X called me. I think X's last call was over one year ago. The call was very sudden.
X told me that X found out a fact.
X found the fact that there is a relationship between sexual desire and pimple.
Without any context, even without saying hello, he told taht to me. And, X said to me, "Everybody knew the fact long time ago. But although I am an adult, I know it now. So I am fool."
X regreted it, then X apologized me.( I don't know why?)
It was certain that X's talking was the crazy person's.
I think X is on the first stage to become mentally sick.

I talked about this episode to my friend. He told me that anybody including us have the possibility to have mental illness. We have to know that some percentages of people in our society have it. So, we have to get along well with the people.
I can understand it in general.
But, I think illnees has its reason. If we can identify and want to remove the reason, first of all, we should do it.

I think X is a typical Japanese, who is inconfident, tends to compare itself with others, follows others easily and/but has pride very much. And lonely.
I thought X cared for others too much. That's why X is very negative to speak frankly with others.
X looks always protecting Xself.

My advice in the call was "Don't compare you with others."
I am not sure whether X understood my advice at that time.

When I was a child, I requested my mother to give me a gift on Christmas day. Because my friends got it from their parents.
But my mother said with or without a smile, "They are they. You are you."
From then, I have finished comparing me with others.
It's silly.

No comments: